Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Return of Pizza!

I returned home from work yesterday exhausted.  I don’t know why because I sit behind a desk for most of the day but for some reason I just felt drained.  Luckily I was returning home to a certain Panamanian who possesses the ability to lift spirits in the most dire circumstances.  A little bit of fatigue was small potatoes for her.

My Favorite Panamanian At Dinner Last Night
Wearing One of Our Daughter's High School Dresses She Proudly Proclaimed
She had spent a good part of the day preparing two huge treats for me.  The first was more of the keto friendly chocolate mousse although she did figure out she was putting 100 times the sugar substitute that the recipe called.  I kind of missed the extra.

The big surprise though was pizza!  I haven’t had any pizza since I started the keto lifestyle and this was one of the basic food groups of my diet prior to that.  I was a little leery when she told me it was made with almond flour (I hate almonds) but it turned out to be fantastic.  It was a lot more crumbly than regular pizza but the taste was there.  My wife rocks! 
The Pizza Last Night
Unfortunately I didn’t feel any better as I settled in to watch the Red Sox game.  I felt like eighteen pounds of pulverized dog crap (now there’s an image for you!).  I even fell asleep for the first inning of the game.  My wife broke away from her upstairs Spanish novellas and when she saw how I looked she panicked a little.  I was shortly having my blood pressure taken and my wife was making noises about calling the doctor. 

She was a little peeved when I told her this was a vast overreaction.  She was even more peeved when I opined it might be a reaction to the ingredients in the pizza, a theory she dismissed out of hand (I hope she’s right).  She took up position to watch the game with me while keeping a vigilant eye on my health.

The Sox game went on and on.  I had a diet coke which seemed almost like a wonder cure because I immediately felt better.  Since I had the earlier nap I wasn’t feeling sleepy at all despite the somnambulant Red Sox hitting as the game went into extra innings.  It turned out to be the longest Red Sox game of the year which they won in the early morning hours of the 15th inning.  Staying up to watch the whole thing probably wasn’t the smartest thing for my exhaustion but man, this is a fun team to watch. 
Another Walk Off Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment