Monday, August 19, 2013

Monstrous Sunday

After a fitful sleep on Saturday night; possibly related to my exertions of Saturday, I awoke to the task of kitchen cleaning.  This was the deal my wife and I made decades ago.  We could have the parties but I was responsible for restoring the kitchen and house to its natural state afterwards.  Fortunately my wife spent some time on the phone after the party on Saturday night while I was trying to watch a movie through closed eyelids. 

Whenever on the phone she succumbs to her natural tendency to clean and therefore all of the dishes were neatly stacked awaiting my attentions Sunday morning.  Buddy seemed to be nursing a hangover himself so he was of little spiritual assistance during my early morning labors. 
Dishes Finished
I passed inspection upon spousal arrival and we celebrated with a Sunday afternoon movie (rain was forecast but never arrived).  We went to see Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters.  I kind of sneaky liked the first installment of this franchise clearly aimed at teeny boppers (is that still a term?).  I’ve always been a huge fan of Greek mythology (geek side leaking out or is that Greek?) and the transportation of those legends to the modern world was pretty interesting.
This second movie still boasts the dazzling special effects and the cute cameos,. Stanley Tucci as Dionysus was particularly funny.  The lead actor Lerman just didn’t have the screen presence to carry off the role – he seemed more pathetic than heroic but maybe that’s the new paradigm.  One of the best things about the original was Alexandra Daddario who returns in this but is pushed more to the back and the movie suffers for it.  Still, this was a lot of good old PG rated fun with some really sly side comments for the adults.   
Downhill Construction Progress
The LArge Mounds of Dirt are Finally Gone
 
Uphill Construction Progress
This Thing Appeared Almost Overnight After Months of No Action
 

No comments:

Post a Comment