Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Stool Kick House

I returned home yesterday anticipating the mysterious “small” surprise my wife alluded to on the phone.  I envisioned some more of the keto friendly chocolate mousse dessert.  I was disappointed when I found her seated in the family room surrounded by various parts of a new kitchen stool in various forms of assembly; so no chocolate.   
The Non-Chocolate Surprise
She’s been pestering me to cut off the legs of the stools we have in the kitchen because she feels they are too tall.  I’ve resisted because a. They seem fine to me and b. I cringe to think what result of my modifications to finished furniture would look like.

She found a shorter version of our stool and brought it home to show me that it would work.  She was frustrated that after puling out her pink tool box and spending a couple hours that the thing still wasn’t assembled.  I asked her why she didn’t follow the directions.  She seemed genuinely surprised that instructions had been provided, hence the frustration. 
My Wife Sitting in the New Stool
Old Stools on the Left
After I disassembled her efforts and reconstructed the stool (following the directions) I have to admit that she was right – it does work.  However now she thinks the new stool is too short.  I’ll be cutting some legs on Sunday – pray for me. 
We went to see Kick-Ass 2 last night on date night.  I absolutely loved the first movie and was looking forward to this sequel.  While it did have its moments overall I rate this as a disappointment.  The first one snuck up on me and had a completely different tone.  This was much more uneven and the villains were comical this time instead of menacing.  
My Wife on Not One But TWO Computers
The World has Shifted
We returned home and my newly tech savvy wife was soon deep into a Skype conversation with the architect designing our house down in Panama.  I donned head phones in order to hear the Sox game while she reviewed the initial plan via email.  I only offered the comment that we would need additional rooms for her purses and shoes which she did not find constructive.  It’s good to finally have the feeling that the planned house is moving incrementally forward. 
The Initial House Plan

1 comment: