Saturday, August 10, 2013

Back Striking

Yesterday I escaped from the Latina burgeoned home for work leaving Buddy to handle the ladies as best he could.   They would spend the day shopping (go figure).  I have to comment here on their courage as they braved a series of heavy rain storms to accomplish the needed shopping.  I stand in awe of their valor.

My most excellent boss decided to drown the frustrations of the week with a long delayed First Friday celebration at Brew City.  We used the example of my wife’s audacity and charged through the rain to our customary Friday seats and waited out the storms.
Worcester Underwater as Seen from Our Brew City Overwatch Positions
My wife was just a mile down the road where she had to undergo an MRI on her head.  She’s been experiencing some vertigo and the docs wanted a look inside her head.  That is dangerous territory (as I know all too well) but that’s why they get the big bucks.

We all linked up back home before heading out for our weekly Friday dinner amongst the fine people of Charlton and excellent wait staff of Zorbas.  We were in a corner booth which my wife found less than ideal because it reduced her line of sight to adjoining tables.  Zorbas fulfilled its weekly task of providing a great week end kick off. 
My Dates Last Night at Zorba's
When we returned home the ladies disappeared upstairs to compare views and engross themselves in the several novellas they are following.  Buddy and I switched back and forth between the Red Sox (depressing) and the Patriots (early but encouraging).  I was just holding out until the season premiere of what has become my favorite TV series – Strike Back.   
The Boys are Back!!!!!!
The boys were back in fine form and moved their act west where they’re got started building up an impressive early body count in Columbia.  The actor who played Thorin Oakenshield has apparently outgrown his bit part in the series and was killed off in the first five minutes.  I was engaged in my own battle to stay awake until the final cliff hanger of endings that Strike Back loves.

I journeyed upstairs to find my bed full of Latina pulchritude.  I informed the ladies that I was on short final for la la land and needed some space after the obligatory brushing of teeth.  I returned shortly to find only the wife is residence which saved us all from some awkward shifting around. 
What I Found When I Went Upstairs

No comments:

Post a Comment