Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Assembly

Yesterday was the start of a long holiday weekend so of course that meant a perilous drive through the wilds of Connecticut to retrieve my daughter and son in law.  They’re joining us for the long weekend which is the best news in a long time.  They’ve also invited a bunch of their awesome NYC crowd to come up as well.

I know Connecticut is setting me up for a big fall eventually because I set a new record in getting to New Haven.  The record was needed due to a wife that once again validated her time challenged credentials.  We pulled up to the train station just as my daughter walked out.  The drive back was a little more challenging but once again, without major traffic jam.  I know I’m being set up.
The Group at Zorba's
We paid an early call to Zorbas where everybody except me had pizza.  I assuaged my grief with one of Zorba’s signature pieces of prime rib.  My son in law is the keto guru so I’m going to have to question him about the pizza.  My wife insisted on a window table which meant she could demonstrate her prowess at fly killing.  I think she ended dinner with a body count of four.

We returned home to watch the Red Sox game and swap stories while my wife worked like a Trojan preparing the food for today’s get together.  We’re hoping friends will gather to celebrate the first Saturday of the week, including my sisters and Keene Friend.  
Demon Eyed Buddy and My Electric Pants
I also debuted my electric yellow lounge pants which were received with notable acclaim.  Buddy was all over the guests.  We had to wait until almost midnight for the final group to arrive.  They also brought a French bulldog named Riggins to provide Buddy with some company.  Buddy was ecstatic with the friend whom he promptly tried to hump into the floor.  He’s at that socially awkward age.  Looks like a fun weekend ahead now that Connecticut traffic is behind us, at least until Monday.  
The Gangs All Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment