Thursday, August 29, 2013

Mortal Win

Yesterday was a meeting at the new Hub with a collection of the voices of inappropriate value.  I dreaded this with a white hot passion and promised to be on my best behavior.  It turned out to be a good learning experience.  The political leadership I have more than a little disdain for called the meeting.  He handled the meeting with a lot of aplomb.  By the end of the meeting he had them eating out of his hand which approached startling.  I guess I’m not too old to learn something.  I don’t think it’s anything I could do though.

Since there were two movies out this week I wanted to see my wife surprised me again by agreeing to see a movie about demon hunters, Mortal Instruments:  City of Bones.  I think she must have guessed it wouldn’t really be about demons that much but more about teenage angst and metro-sexual incest (no, I’m not kidding).  The lead character’s sole function in life seemed to be wander around pointlessly and put her friends in mortal danger.  A big disappointment because it was advertised as action packed and wasn’t so much.

The disappointment was compounded when we came out of the theater to find the Red Sox losing to Baltimore after pummeling them the night before.  I took a bit out of the bullet when we got home and sat down to watch the last couple innings.  Once again this Sox team proved to be so resilient, rallying for two runs to tie the game and then go ahead with a bloop hit that had no business falling in.  This Sox team is special.  Disappointment was eradicated in no uncertain terms. 
Yeah!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment