Thursday, August 22, 2013

Hump Day Filling Well In

My phantom son deserted New England for the sunny climes of Virginia this week so I was left without a lunch date yesterday.  His mother nobly volunteered to fill this yawning chasm in my social life.  She faced the Herculean task of showing up on time so we could go out to lunch at 11:30 due to a 1pm presentation I had to make downtown.  So we showed up at the restaurant a little after noon and rushed through a hurried but very fun lunch.  I think my wife is very fortunate that the old saying timeliness is next to Godliness is not true.  She would be looking at some serious time in purgatory.
Late Arriving But Very Sexy Lunch Date
She threatened me with another surprise when I came home.  I started looking around for another assembly project (see yesterday’s post) when she revealed a refrigerator full of the chocolate mousse dessert – YES!!!!  She also bought a new pair of jeans, which I didn’t need and started to tell her.  She then told me to look at the size.  I’ve been wearing 36” by 34” trousers for well over ten years, even when I was still in the Army and they had been getting a little snug prior to entering the keto-sphere.  These jeans were my old size of 34” by 34” and there was still some extra space in the waist when I tried them on.  This keto diet is amazing. 
YES!!!!
The Red Sox were playing afternoon baseball out on the left coast which timed perfectly with my post work need to assume couch potato status.  While I don’t think this team is equipped for a long playoff run they sure as hell have grit.  They skull dragged a bad Giants team the day after losing an embarrassing late night affair to the same team. Entertaining, no juggernaut, but this is still a very entertaining team to watch.  I almost feel bad for them as the Patriots loom on the horizon. I spent the rest of the night pulverizing my brain with some really bad 1990's cinema - unintentional comedy levels through the roof - see reviews for more on this.
Middlebrooks Seems to Have Learned his Lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment