Thursday, August 15, 2013

Family Values

I’ve written about the past few weeks which have been fairly challenging at work as the political leadership runs for cover from their own decisions.  That being said I don’t think one can underestimate the importance of having family to fall back on.  No matter what was thrown in my direction in the past month I felt a calm and centered feeling that only came because of the blessing that is my family.
One of Those Lunches Yesterday with This Guy!
It could be a quick message from my daughter about a movie/book or my weekly lunch with the son or Buddy just dropping a sympathetic head into my lap.  Coming home each day to a wife who’s almost as excited to see me as Buddy is and who makes each day an adventure.  That as well as a really fun trip to Baltimore with my sister and bro in law combined to create the feeling of equanimity that the politicians were unable to breech.  It all comes to a head today with the monthly board meeting where the voices of inappropriate worth should be at full throttle. 
The Adventure I Come Home to Every Day
Caught Admiring Some of the Flowers Yesterday That She's Grown
My wife and I doubled up on date night this week because one of her friends had enthusiastically recommended We’re The Millers.  Jennifer Anniston in her underwear – I was all in.  It turned out to be a very low brow, very unapologetic comedy that had both of us laughing out loud almost continually.  I’m sure the critics will lambast the crude level of comedy but this was honestly very funny stuff. 
I did mention Anniston in her underwear, right?  She’s really carving out a niche as a middle aged hottie and whatever she’s paying her personal trainer is money well spent.  Jason Sudekis has got to be one of the funniest guys in the movies right now and delivers his usual steady stream of inappropriate side comments. 

A movie about a drug dealer, a stripper, a street person, and a dork posing as a model family while smuggling several tons of weed out of Mexico doesn’t seem like fertile comedy ground.  It was.

No comments:

Post a Comment