Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Middle Aged Cheesecake

The pace at work has been relentless which is not a great thing if you're someone (such as me) trying to recover from a weekend of over indulgence.  It does make the day fly by though and I’m getting a glimmer of light at the end of the proverbial tunnel, projectwise.
My wife and I went to the movies last night to see The Wolverine which could be re-titled “Hugh Jackman Without his Shirt On”.  This was indeed a pleasure for my wife who spent the entire movie sighing every of the multiple times Hugh was called upon to divest himself of his shirt.  There’s even a scene of Hugh in a bath tub where he flashes his long admired (by my wife) posterior.  I thought she would faint.

All this being said, this was a pretty good action flick.  I’ve never been apprised of the X-Men mythology outside of my kids’ failed attempts to educate me.  I’m sure there were lots of hidden meanings known only to the initiated but Jackman is an incredibly good actor.  He defines the role and even I have to admit that he got himself in scarily good shape for the movie. (PED testing coming to the cinema?)
For the Wife in Case She's Reading
I was left reflecting that we seldom get big movie dramas anymore because they don’t sell.  This movie could have been made fifty years ago without all the X-men Sci Fi trappings and made a very good dramatic movie. 

I heard later on in the night that the Red Sox made a huge trade landing a stud pitcher in Jake Peavy for the measly price of light hitting Jose Iglesias.  This is an awesome move by the Sox but will unfortunately end the constant spirited debate between my son and brother in law.  I think my son wins in the end because the Sox parlayed Iglesias’ one month of hitting into a front line starter.  Is someone smoking something in Chicago? 
Welcome To Boston
 
You Better Not Be As Good as my Son Thinks You Are - Good Luck in Chitown The Motor City

No comments:

Post a Comment