Friday, July 12, 2013

Hectic Day Escape

Yesterday was about as busy a day at work as I’ve had in a very long time.  I was acting general manager and I had to start implementing all of the changes that were finally approved in a laborious two hour, first thing in the morning, meeting.  The big boss apparently does not share my disdain for the voices of inappropriate worth and we spared a little over that.  He’s a politician trying to cover his posterior and I don’t share his vulnerabilities so I can understand where he’s coming from.  Frustration was successfully bottled for most of the meeting.

The rest of the day was spent glued to the computer working on the changes.  That is while not answering and directing about seven hundred thousand questions and issues from the political boss.  I came to understand how scared he was about next week’s meeting.  I’m going to do my damndest to make him successful but I need the time to make it happen.
Wife Celebrating Virginia Friend's Arrival
I came home to an extremely buoyant wife who had driven (almost by herself) down to Connecticut to retrieve her Virginia friend who came up for tomorrow’s engagement party.  They are truly sisters of the heart and I love seeing how happy my wife is when they’re together.
Nava Hero Yesterday With Game Winning Hit
My Keene Friend and I Love this Guy
Since I was no longer the lone object of attention in the house anymore I retreated to the family room to watch the Red Sox rally for another extra inning win – this is starting to become fun.  I spent the rest of the evening re-watching The Great Escape, awesome movie.  Steve McQueen again failed to get over the barb wire border on his motorcycle but hope springs eternal.
Don't Give Up Steve!
I’m working from home today on party prep.  I should end the night with both kids back under the roof – could not be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment