Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Rain or Shine

Yesterday was about a weird day, weather wise.  We finally got the rain we needed but it was like an episode from the twilight zone.  I was buried deep into the computer with the scheduling software and I would glance up to find a tropical like downpour saturating the parking lot.  Literally thirty minutes later I looked up and the sun was shining without a cloud in the sky.  This went on all day back and forth.
View out my Office Door Yesterday
30 Minutes Later
I don’t know if it’s global warming or not but the weather has certainly gotten weirder than when I was growing up.  I can’t believe we’re using air conditioning all summer now.  I didn’t see or need my first air conditioner until I arrived in Fort Benning, Georgia when I was 24.

Date night was also a casualty of the rain.  My wife declared since she just washed her hair that she couldn’t risk exposing it to the elements.  This is a woman who grew up n the tropics!  We rescheduled for tonight but I was left shaking my head.

We did get to watch the Red Sox game together and this plucky team once again rebounded from a  bad loss with an inspired effort and solid win.  Inspired from everybody except Boras’ latest prima donna client – Ellsbury.  He apparently needed another day off less than a week after the four day All Star break.  Don’t look now Jacoby but this team is leaving you behind.
Wake Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment