Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ketoing Two Months In

Well, it’s been two months now on the ketogenic diet and maybe time to reflect.  The results are amazing.  I’ve lost forty pounds and feel incredibly better.  The almost constant pain in the knee is gone and I’ve tightened my belt by four notches.  I now weigh less than I did when I left the military.  It’s kind of scary and a comment on how far I’d let myself go that I had forty pounds to lose.
I’m feeling a little greedy and want to keep losing until I’m under 200 pounds for the first time in almost thirty years but my wife is starting to comment on the disappearance of my ass.  I’ll need to consult with my keto guru son-in-law to find out about maintaining. 

The hardest part about the diet is the almost constant bickering with the wife about the amount of red meat I’m eating.  She’s concerned its not healthy but her constant barrage on my blood pressure levels is not helping either.  I know she means well but she’s never heard of the word, “subtle”.  Almost as hard is bypassing Zorba’s pizza, chocolate chip cookies, and of course, donut cakes.  I go to a lot of movies and smelling the siren’s call of popcorn is a true aid test.   

I like the routine I’m in now but eating celery and cheese sticks instead of popcorn each night while watching the Sox is definitely a big price to pay.

Although you wouldn’t know it by the national news coverage yesterday but there were other things going on in the world other than the royal birth.  This is yet another indication of the sick fascination the world has with the cult of celebrity.  Why was this such a big news story outside of Britain?  The big oil companies have their hands so deep into our pockets they could administer a hernia exam but that gets bare notice on the news where they're all a gush about the latest royal progeny.
News, Because??????
I popped my head out of the computer yesterday at work long enough to attend a really fascinating presentation on route modeling for our eventual electric buses.  When I first head they were bringing in consultants to recommend which routes to use the buses on I was a little miffed.  I thought this was something I could do without spending all the money on consultants.  How wrong I was. 

These were some really big brain guys who used some cutting hedge technology to measure some of our routes and then asses whether they were a good match of the electric bus capabilities.  It was cool to see the statistics generated and seeing the familiar routes depicted in various and sundry ways.  It turns out the money was well spent.  Of course, they did recommend every single one of the routes I predicted ahead of time but now we have the science to back it up. 
Trust Me - It Was More Exciting in Person

No comments:

Post a Comment