Saturday, July 6, 2013

Amazon Redeemed

I was lucky enough to work yesterday when the rest of management decided to take off the day between the 4th and the weekend.  I was pleased with the almost somnambulant day as the heat rose and my office air conditioner struggled.  I was catching up on work until one of my bus drivers made the mistake of hurrying through a bus stop and failing to pick up one of the community activists that Worcester seems to supply in droves.

I was shortly talking with the mayor’s office, my boss, and the big boss as well as a newspaper reporter to quell the tidal wave of indignation.  I’ve seen axe murders get less attention from political leaders.  Politician = Coward  I guess I did the job because the story in today’s paper was positive.

I wrote last week how impressed I was with Amazon when a Father’s Day gift of movies did not show up.  My admiration was short lived when they managed to lose the replacement shipment.  When I contacted them again, a young man from India sent me a message stating since they had failed twice, they were going to give up, refund my money and call it even. 

Back In Love
I decided to give it one more shot.  I started pushing buttons to report problems and finally got one that asked for my phone number.  Two seconds after pushing it my phone rang and I was shortly talking with a young man who shared my confusion about how two orders of the exact same movies could be lost in exactly the same fashion.  He took $10 additional off the order and promised next day delivery.  I was not overcome with confidence but the movies showed up as promised yesterday.  My faith in my go to shopping location was redeemed.  Still, it was weird.

My wife and I beat the heat last night with our weekly ritualistic dinner at the fabulous Zorba’s.  My favorite waitress traipsed by for her obligatory hello and the prime rib rocked.  I finished the night in couch potato mode waiting for the start of the Sox game, since they’re out on the left coast.  I am well into the second season of Falling Skies and find myself increasingly vocal at the incredibly stupid military decisions made.  I’m getting no answers back from the television.
My Incredibly Hot Date Last Night Trying to Block Photo Attempt

No comments:

Post a Comment