Friday, July 26, 2013

Big Guy Day!

My Son Helping Me Wash the Car About 26 Years Ago
Today my son is 28.  I find that incredibly hard to believe, not only for the age that fact inflicts on me.  I still want that tow headed tyke running out to greet me as I came home from the field or frolicking with Skyla and Estrella.  However, nowadays I have something even better, something I should find hard to believe after just reliving those fond memories.
Chilling in Hawaii in the 1990s
I’m blessed with a son who makes me proud every waking moment.  He’s found his pace in life and a true partner to spend to rest of his life with.  A confident, mature man has sprouted out of that tyke and while that may date his old man (a lot) – I feel truly blessed. 

I called him “Big Guy” when he was very young and it tugs at my heart to see how much he has grown into that appellation.  He’s big in spirit and soul, just a very good person.  Happy Birthday to the best man I know.
Good People
We’ll see him tonight along with the MEF and her parents.  They’re coming in for a birthday dinner with us.  The wife and I head to Baltimore tomorrow with my sister and brother in law to watch two Red Sox games (very excited), otherwise I would seriously contemplate hiding my son’s keys so he’d have to stay the weekend. 

 I finally drove a stake in the heart of the run cut at work yesterday.  I apologize for the small forest of trees sacrificed for the paper needed for the process.  I think I’m about Excel-ed out.  It’s kind of cool after an intense two weeks of work to have handed it off (electronically and ahead of schedule) to the various agencies that need it. I couldn’t be happier though with my weekend prospects – starting with dinner tonight.

Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment