Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Rim Shot

It’s crazy time at work as I’m on an extremely compressed time line to institute some massive changes.  I kind of like that though because the day just flies by.  It also helps with the emotional backlash of missing all the great people I spent the weekend with. 


Yesterday for date night the wife and I went to see Pacific Rim, which I had really been looking forward to.  During all the previews they always played this huge claxon, alarm bell which stuck with me for some reason. Anytime anyone mentioned the film, that sound immediately leapt to mind – so, good marketing technique, I guess.

The movie was very good as the plucky humans are manning massive robots to fight off an invasion of Godzilla type creatures.  The lead actor was not very good or believable but the rest of the cast shone, especially Idris Elba, who seems to be uniformly awesome in whatever role he chooses.  The battle scenes are massive and spectacular – actually had me open mouthed a couple times (not easy for such a jaded moviegoer as myself).  You can actually feel the emotional impact of some of the scenes – again not easy in a sci-fi summer popcorn movie. 

I loved the movie but I do have one complaint – where the hell was the claxon bell!!!!????  It did not sound once during the entire movie – kind of pissed me off. (Check out the trailer below to see what I mean)


Downhil Construction Progress - Roof Going On

No comments:

Post a Comment