Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Latina Heat

Son and I Yesterday
A good day yesterday, although I was dragging a bit after my midnight adventures of the prior night.  While talking with my son earlier this week I was saddened to learn he wouldn’t be at work on Wednesday so our weekly lunch wouldn’t happen.  He immediately buoyed spirits by suggesting we meet up yesterday.

We’ve been going to the same restaurant for the better part of a year now as it is directly across from his place of employment.  The waitresses now all know what we order and have kind of adopted us – shows what a good tip will do.  Unfortunately they also recall what mad consumer of popcorn I was; emphasis on the “was” part.  My son languishly consumed the mounds of popcorn she furnished while I suffered across the table.  Sometimes this keto thing can be painful.
My Son Twisting the Knife
My wife and I went to see The Heat last night on date night.  This movie was funny on so many levels.  Melissa McCarthy is a bona fide comedy star now and Sandra Bullock held her own as well.  McCarthy plays a crazed, but effective Boston cop to Bullock’s uptight FBI agent.  The bar scene should go down as a classic comedy skit.  It was nice to see a female buddy flick because it opened up so many avenues for jokes.  It was also interesting in the theater because the female viewers laughed a lot harder than the males at most of this incredibly hilarious stuff.  The trend of R rated female comedies started with Bridesmaids continues and it’s a great development. The torturing of Boston accents and the “locals” was also very funny.
Very, Very Funny
Apparently my ability to travel to Panama has been severely compromised.  After I  “innocently” posted a picture of my very fetching sister in law in a bikini a couple days ago I have been receiving death threats from that source of pulchritude.  I told her I could not understand her consternation at my pride in having such a beautiful sister in law.  She’s a fiery as her sister (my wife) and my health could be in serious jeopardy.  Anyone reading this, if I disappear, please consider her the prime suspect.  I really don’t see what all the fuss is about.
What's the Big Deal?
Downhill Construction - Roof Going Up
 

No comments:

Post a Comment