Monday, July 8, 2013

Aquatics Thwarted

Yesterday was a typical Sunday other than my Keene Friend was available to launch Buddy on one of his early morning jaunts.  We then shared a keto breakfast with my friend becoming a fan of the cheddar laced scrambled eggs I’ve become somewhat adept at.

We completed our normal Sunday chores and my friend departed for the great north. Our neighbors have been encouraging us to jump in their pool.  Since yesterday was the fourth day in a row of 90 degree temperatures we planned on taking them up on the invitation. 

Before that though, since my wife paroled me from weekend chores, I decided to take in one of my newest movie acquisitions, the remake of Conan the Barbarian.  My wife was her usual derisive self as far as my movie preferences but thirty minutes in she drifted over, having heard the stirring dialogue from the nearby kitchen.  She ended up watching the rest of the movie with me.

We were gearing up for our delayed pool time when I walked out on the back deck to some truly menacing skies.  The neighbor mentioned we were under a tornado watch.  My timing truly sucked yesterday.
Buddy Cowering Under the Stairs
As has become my lot in life, my first concern was for the cowardly Buddy who was already starting to cringe at the distant thunder.  The thundershirt went on but when the storm arrived, in spectacular fashion, he could not be calmed.  I found him trying to burrow his way into the floor of my upstairs closet.  He ended up tied in the basement and somehow squirmed completely under the stairs.  This is a seriously deranged dog.  A chemical solution is in his near future. 
Emerging After the Storm
I weathered the storm by finishing off the second season of Falling Skies which my son encouraged me to watch.  I found myself getting increasingly frustrated by the absolutely dumb decisions made by the characters.  Of course they’re dealing with a genocidal war with invading space aliens so maybe I should cut them some slack.  I then watched the Red Sox dominated by an Angels pitcher whom I thought was past his prime.  To add insult to injury, my daughter blatantly accused me of not knowing the Winklevoss twins were played by one actor.  I was crushed at this heartless attack on my movie watching prowess.  I will try and find some way to deal with the pain.  :)  My wife, acknowledging my severe depression, surprised me with a batch of keto appropriate chocolate mousse – singularly and totally awesome.(which of course came from my daughter’s recipe)
How Cool Was This!  Thanks to the Ladies in My Life

No comments:

Post a Comment