Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Today, Being the Day

Compensatory Rose Staging
Today marks the day to see if my frenzied cleanup effort passes spousal inspection.  Yes, she’s finally headed back.  I’m kind of (colr that very) excited about seeing her again.  I took no chances when I talked with her on the phone last night, not telling her it was snowing again outside.

I re-learned an important lesson on procrastination yesterday.  I had been putting off some of the cleanup tasks, always justifying to myself it would be better to clean just before she returned.  I also had to do the massive movement of junk in the basement now that the paint had dried.  This would have worked out great except I failed to plan for the crushing migraine headache I came home from work with last night.  I downed the last two ibuprofen in the house and then retreated to a darkened bedroom.  An hour later I awoke thanks to the ever reliable 6 pm telemarketer call and felt up to getting to work.

Everything was moved into place in the basement and I am a little proud about the results.  We’ll see if a certain Panamanian agrees after several of her secret shopping stashes were uncovered. 

The house cleaning was a little more involved than I estimated.  Buddy and I are not the cleanliest of cohabitators.  Luckily I figured this out ahead of time and bought three dozen roses because I think it’s going to take that to blunt the impact of close inspection.

Yesterday I finally finished the last in the epic series of the Black Company, appropriately titled The Many Deaths of the Black Company.  This was thoroughly enjoyable as the narration got back to a linear time line and away from Murgen.  He was a great character but a lousy annalist as he could never figure out where he was in time.  This novel saw the return and tragically costly triumph of Croaker.  The bad guys were put paid and the company continued in it’s nth configuration.  As Croaker said, Soldiers Live!

I just hope this old Soldier lives through the house inspection.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment