Saturday, March 30, 2013

Return to Friday Sanity

Semi-exhausted after a very busy week of returning to a supervised status, Friday came just in time.  My wife decided that she needed some high heeled shoes made less so.  She’s had a bad back for years.  Her proclivity for dancing and some upcoming weddings necessitated some modifications to her chosen shoes; lowering their somewhat intimidating height.  Is it weird that she already knows what shoes she’s wearing nearly a month before the weddings?

Since she is still a little leery about driving around Worcester and I claim to be an expert she showed up at my office; supposedly around lunchtime.  I am re-learning the lesson that time operates a little differently in Panama and she spent long enough down there to be infected.  We headed out a little after one in the afternoon only to find her chosen cobbler had closed.  We then made our way to another all the way across town to another that a friend had recommended.

My Lunch Date Yesterday - Very Cool
We didn’t have an address, only a general location, but I know Worcester well enough to make some educated guesses.  We found the location (I am good at a few things) and then decided to share a somewhat late lunch.  My wife is an excellent date and we had a lot of fun at a restaurant located right next to her hair dresser.  I guess he’s kind of a flirt but my wife says that I scare him so he was on his best behavior when he passed through.

When I got home from work we made our routine run to Zorba’s for Friday pizza.  In deference to Good Friday I reluctantly ordered a meatless pizza (yeah things are definitely getting back to normal).  My wife was really touched when all the fabulous ladies of Zorbas came by to welcome her home.  She did look a bit askance at me when the cutest one made a stop at the table and I perked up a little bit.  When we were settling our bill our waitress told my wife that the “girls” had been talking back at the waitress station and that it was nice to see me happy again.  I guess I’m a little transparent at times.

Dinner At Zorba's - A Return to The Way It Ought to Be

No comments:

Post a Comment