Thursday, March 28, 2013

Admitting Happiness

A Miss
First day back with the starting lineup at home went really well.  She even let me keep my 2000 piece puzzle going as long as I promised to only work on it when she was on the phone.  So I figure I’m going to get even more time with the puzzle than before. 

She joined me for the weekly lunch with out favorite son.  She saw what I’ve been trying to describe to her – a new sense of confidence and maturity.  He even read her the riot act about using him as a consultant for the house we’re planning on building in Panama.  So proud of that young man, he even paid for lunch. I had to gently remind her that he and I both had to get back to work or we would probably still be there.

We went on our delayed date night last night to see the movie Admission.  It was kind of fun because we had the entire theater to ourselves.  Sadly that was more a comment of the word of mouth on this movie.  It had two of my favorite actors in Tina Fey and Paul Ruud but there was just no chemistry between the two.  I don’t think Fey translates well to the big screen; not all actors do. 

My wife was complaining about the 40 degree heat which I told her would win her few sympathizers from the area that just went through the kind of winter we did.  She also bemoaned the fact, in a very non-serious way, that she missed the maid that made her lunch for the last two months.  Again, a remarkable dearth of empathy was available from a guy who ate his own cooking for two months.  It is so good to have her back in the house.  I’ve said this before but it amazes me that someone so small can fill a place up just through energy of spirit.     

The Studio & The Host (sadly unfocused)
The day that I picked her up at the airport I also had an interesting experience at the local cable TV channel’s studio.  The big boss sent me down there with the chairman of the board to be interviewed by a lady who has a daily half hour program.  She interviewed us about the upcoming changes to the bus system.  The interview went really well and I wasn’t nervous at all, which surprised me a little.  The host is a real fan and proponet for the city of Worcester and her energy was impressive.  The only problem was the lady, a complete professional, was very attractive with a low cut blouse.  Now I’m not saying the two month absence of my wife made this any more difficult but keeping my eyes at an appropriate angle during the interview was a real battle (that I think I won – we’ll have to check the tape).   

Assisting Her After the Show with Some Still Shots
I'm that Kind of Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment