Monday, March 18, 2013

Sunday Sleepwalk

Buddy Sizing up Some Dead Animal Flesh
I definitely spent yesterday in  the recovery mode after the too good a time I had on Saturday night in Rhode Island with the fantastic clan of my sister’s husband (got to remember alka seltzer). 

Since yesterday has turned into my busiest day of the week in the wife’s absence, that created something of a conundrum in time management.  My body was craving recovery while I had to accomplish the important, yet definitely non-recovery oriented tasks required of me.  Buddy seemed to be in a recovery mode himself from his usual over stimulation in Rhode Island (you too Buddy!). 

What recovery time I did have saw me sucked into the time distortion vortex that is the 2000 piece puzzle where the sky was finally completed.  While doing this I also watched a Red Sox spring training game where the sox took a no hitter into the 9th inning (do not get excited about this team, repeat – do not get excited about this team).

I put the second coat of paint down in the basement, washed clothes, did the grocery shopping and cooked up my two week batch of hamburger helper.  This finally got Buddy out of his funk as he took his normal intense interest in dead animal flesh.  I was forced to keep a very close eye on this well known counter climber for the rest of the evening. 

In the salt massaged into wound department my wife called to report that she was exhausted from a spectacular weekend at Gavilla Beach in Panama.  They slept on the beach, danced away the night under the stars, and had some sort of late night gaseous contest (she told me she would kill me if I wrote about that).  They had the usual high adventure on the road leading off the beach but it sounded like a fantastic weekend.

I told her we were expecting 8-12 inches of snow here tonight; just keeping it real. She's back a week from tomorrow.   
Gavilla Beach - Where My Wife Spent the Weekend
 

No comments:

Post a Comment