Friday, March 29, 2013

Staring at Bear Controversy

The Controversial Bear
My wife spent most of yesterday unpacking which is almost as involved a process for her as packing (see earlier blog posting).  I am always amazed at the sheer quantity she can manage to carry in suitcases and still get under the weight limits (if barely). 

The unpacking unveiled a couple of presents for me!  She, knowing my love of history, brought me back a tee shirt commemorating the 1914 opening of the Panama Canal.  She, knowing her love of me smelling better, also brought a bottle of new after shave that is “to die for” (her words, not mine).

In entertainment news female hearts are all aflutter from the news that Ryan Gosling is going to take a break from acting.  If you read this blog at all you’ll know that I think that break started more than a few of his movies ago.  I still think watching Drive was one of the single most painful experiences of my cinematic viewing history.  I don’t know if I blame him completely as directors obviously fall in love with him and put these awkwardly long scenes of him just staring into the camera.  I hope he enjoys his break; I know I will.

Rya Demonstrating His "Art"
Meanwhile back in the casa, a minor controversy has erupted.  I was showing the recently returned wife the blog last night.  I enjoy doing this despite the almost constant barrage of admonishments about the pictures of her that I put up.  She claims, despite voluminous evidence to the contrary, that she never takes a good picture. 
See What I Mean?
The controversy erupted when I showed the picture of the Teddy Bear and she was aghast that I was claiming I bought it for our first born.  She indignantly stated that I bought it for the birth of our son and that he would be crushed when I read this.  I immediately got angry because I clearly remember buying the bear at Albrook Air Force base in Panama on my way to visit my wife and newly delivered daughter.  Ownership did get passed down eventually to my son upon his arrival.

So I stand by my story but it did cost me some sleep last night as I tried to find photographic evidence of the bear in Panama with our infant daughter.  Besides, my son never reads the blog anyways and I doubt his self-image would be damaged by the disputed origin story of a stuffed animal.  Who knows; weirder things have happened.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA I remember the bear being Travis', I have no recollection of owning the bear, but then I was only 2 when Travis was born so it very well could have been handed down to him! :)

    ReplyDelete