Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Solo Anniversario!!!

My Wife and I 31 Years Ago Today
Thirty one years ago today I walked down the aisle with the gal who turned out to be the love of my life.  It’s strange because, at the time, I wasn’t confident about anything in my life – I probably should not have been in committing to a marriage (hind sight is always 20/20).  I was taking a huge chance but I was oddly and serenely at peace about it.  I think Someone upstairs was trying to tell me something. 

I proposed to this young lady three days after our first date.  My sister has always told me that I had such a good time at her wedding in October 1981 (true story) that I was bound to marry my first girlfriend after that.  That is technically not true because when I returned to Panama after the wedding I was juggling (remarkably successfully) three different girlfriends.  I’m not sure how I survived that time period but I often tell my wife that she truly saved my life.

As soon as I met those flashing brown eyes the other girlfriends fell immediately by the way side.  One did grab my butt at the O-Club a year after I was married and was amazed when I flashed the wedding ring at her.  I got the impression she never thought I was capable of that kind of commitment.

Sadly this year, my wife is hiding from the winter storms down in Panama although the official story is she’s assisting her elderly parents.  I think I’m getting over a bit this year because she’s been down there for a birthday, Valentine’s Day and now our anniversary.  That’s three different rose bouquets I’ve saved money on – I really wish she was here though.

Luckily (!!??) work is just getting exponentially busier by the day.  I now have a series of changes the big boss wants made.  Everything I worked on over the past month and a half now has to be tweaked in a time constrained environment.  My decision not to go to Panama this year is turning out to be validated each day.  Yesterday I made the presentation at the public hearing at Worcester City Hall that I wrote about recently.  The presentation went extremely well and my boss (the political one) was overjoyed with the results.  I did have one of those extremely satisfying moments during the question and answer phase.

I wrote last year in this blog about “Voices of Inappropriate Worth” concerning one Worcester denizen that does nothing but complain – usually very vocally.  She truly is a viper and must have acid flowing through her veins.  She was in high fettle yesterday and rose no less than seven times to offer her opinion. She was complaining to me that she was “shocked” that I didn’t have a map especially prepared for her at the presentation.  I was fed up at that point and said, “J----, I don’t think I’ve ever been to one of these hearings when you haven’t been shocked.”   The entire audience (including a city councilor) erupted in laughter.  Her reputation for bombastic excess is well known.  She sat down. 

Back at home Buddy and I started the last puzzle.  This one is a 2000 piece picture of Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria.  I’m not sure it’s going to fit on the table.  If it doesn’t I may have to forgo the challenge.  I’m also making my way through the original Star Trek TV series which I recently acquired on blu ray.  This is my favorite TV series from my misspent youth and it still grabs me.

I persist in my wish that I had those flashing brown eyes around today.
New Puzzle May be Too Big For Table
Site of the Hearing Yesterday
 

No comments:

Post a Comment