Friday, March 15, 2013

Mundania – TGIF

My really isolated life continues apace. 

Yesterday my boss returned to work after a freak accident over the past weekend left him concussed and a bit fractured.  He’s such a good guy – it was good to get his spit and fire back in the work place, not to mention a first Friday compadre.

I finished the second coat of paint for Buddy’s “room” just in time.  He does not like dwelling in the upstairs room.  He never barks when I leave for work but yesterday he was in high voice as I was leaving.  I think there’s a little too much stimuli up there for his hypersensitive tendencies.  His normal basement space is almost like a sensory deprivation chamber once the lights go out.  I have definitely upset his “kwan”. His cage was the one thing I moved back into place this morning before I left for work.

When I return from work each day I find myself sucked into the time consumption vortex that is the 2000 piece puzzle.  I sit down just for a few minutes to fit in a couple pieces.  I look up and notice the sun has set and I’ve lost almost and hour and a half. I’ve got all the easy parts done and am wading through all the foliage and sky.  I’m stubborn enough that I’m not going to quit but it’s all about pushing the clock to kill the quiet time that I know I’ll miss a little when she’s back.  Conundrum.

I’ve written before that I really don’t pay a lot of attention to my attire; something that drives my wife to absolute distraction at times.  In her absence I’ve been charged with choosing my own outfits each day.  It speaks volumes about her residual effect that I agonize a little bit each morning about whether she would approve or not of my selections.  This situation reached its nadir this morning when I looked at what I had put on and decided I needed to change my trousers because the colors didn’t go well with each other.  I actually said out loud to myself – “You’re such a girl!”

She’s scheduled to return in eleven days however when we were talking last night I had to report the temperatures were back in the 20s and there was a report of another snow storm next week (isolated – OF COURSE – to the Worcester Hills!).  When you combine that with the fact that her beloved Carnivale just kicked off her in home town for the next couple weeks I may have to hedge my bets.  I may have to send her pictures of the outfits I’ve been wearing in her absence to appeal to her sense of duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment