Thursday, March 7, 2013

Enough!!!

Pass on This
Alright, it’s friggin March – enough with the snow!  We’re bracing for yet another NorEaster which started coming in last night and apparently will be with us until tomorrow afternoon dumping up to another foot of snow.  I’m getting a little fed up with every time there is a storm coming in and I watch the forecaster there is a circle drawn seemingly around my house with the comment – “but in the Worcester Hills you can expect significantly more snow”. 

My driveway and the balky snow blower have just about cured me of my long held admiration for the New England winter.  I usually hate this time of year as the snow melts and everything is still dead waiting for April to start turning green and this is doing nothing to assuage my disdain.

Yesterday was a mad day at work as I started working on the thousands of seemingly insignificant yet important updates on all the changes the boss directed on Tuesday.  I also posted my wedding picture on Facebook to commemorate our anniversary and I loved seeing all the congratulatory messages from far flung friends.

The night before I went to see the movie – 21 and Over which was just about what you would expect from the writers of the Hangover who graduated to be directors.  It is the story of some high school friends who reunite at college to celebrate the 21st birthday of one of them.  While there were some funny moments these guys should stick to writing because the movie was all over the place.  The holes in the plot (such as it was) became such a distraction that some of the funny bits were less because of them. 

My wife surprised me during our nightly call to direct me to a secret hiding place where she had placed an anniversary gift and card a couple months ago (made me feel moderately like a schmuck for not arranging something for her).  The real amazement occurred later in the evening when she announced that she and her twin sister had figured out how to install Skype on her sister’s brand new computer.  Even more amazing, it worked (well everything except the sound).  It was so nice to finally be able to see her and it made the lonely anniversary a little more tolerable (and she looked great!!!!).  I told her to bring in her young nephew to figure out the sound problem.

Now if it would just stop snowing!
Boy She Looked Good Last Night!
Front Yard Last Night When I Got Home
Front Yard This Morning - All the Snow Blew Down to the Bottom
Steepest Part of Driveway
 

1 comment: