Saturday, March 2, 2013

PowerPoint Ranger Reborn


I channeled a former identity yesterday at work.  Anybody who spent time as a Pentagon staff officer knows his way around the PowerPoint program.  One of my later jobs in the Army involved preparing briefings for some of the high muckedy mucks using PowerPoint.  I am nowhere near a master but proficient enough to hold my own in the Pentagon which is saying something.  At times it seemed the formatting of the briefing was almost more important that the information contained within.  Human nature can approach weird.

My boss at work was very impressed with the work I prepared in short order once I found out I was making the presentation next week.  He seemed mystified by how I was able to make arrows magically appear on slides.  There is always someone lower than you on the electromagnetic food chain.

My presentation was used for a hour long meeting with a reporter from the local newspaper.  She seemed incredibly smart and quickly grasped some things.  Of course I’m a little biased about journalistically inclined young ladies.

I’m about to head south to pick up my favorite journalistically inclined young lady as my daughter makes her way up from NYC to spend the weekend with her lonely father.

Last night I headed over to Zorba’s for my weekly pizza fix.  The Zorba’s waitresses and bartenders are some of the nicest people in the world and several stopped by to see when my wife would return.  I amazed myself by completely eating an entire large pizza.  Usually I end up with a couple extra pieces to take home with me.  The pizza is that good.

I then headed over the grocery store to lay in some supplies for the visiting daughter.  I’m fairly well known there and I think some of the workers were a little amazed I was buying hummus and vegetable snacks.  I balanced it out with an ice cream cake which seemed to calm some of the consternation.

Is it really March, already?
I Can't Believe I Ate the Whole Thing
Last Piece Heading Down Range
Buddy Returning From His Latest Escape
 

No comments:

Post a Comment