Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Snowy Surprise

Star of the Day
I went to bed last night believing the reports on the news program that we would be hit with a lot of unseasonal rain but no snow. I woke up at 530am to a strange mechanical sound. I first though there was some issue with the furnace but when no smoke alarms went off and I emerged further from the warm embrace of the quilts I recognized it as the neighbor’s snow blower. This was not welcome news. Glancing outside I discovered that New England weather had done another one of its “look left but go rights” overnight with four to five inches of snow coating the area.
Buddy Outside this Morning
The predicted rain was starting to fall which meant I had to get out there before it got too sodden to move. There is nothing more “enjoyable” to spend the pre-dawn hours out blowing snow in the freezing rain. Buddy was a little more enthusiastic (he loves snow) despite having left a seemingly significant portion of his winter coat in the upstairs bathtub last night following a bath demanded by a certain Panamanian due to olfactory concerns. I swear I could knit a new dog out of the hair I had to clean up from that exercise.
Earlier in the evening we met with Deckzilla guy on the impending floor and kitchen installations. He’s going to drop off some tools so I can tear up the existing floor this weekend while my wife is in Orlando babysitting. A man’s got to know his limitations and mine certainly involve the fine carpentry work needed for the installation of the flooring but demo work – now we’re talking my area of expertise; brute force and ignorance. My wife looked a little concerned when she saw the gleam in my eye at the prospect of causing some approved destruction.

The Oscar nominations came out this morning and predictably La La Land dominated, scoring a record number of nominations. The nominations are well deserved but I say predictable because it’s a movie about Hollywood and there’s nothing Hollywood likes more than contemplating their own navels. I was sad to see the exclusion of Amy Adams who was so good in Arrival but no one should beat Emma Stone anyways. No new photos of the First Blog  Reader as Cali-daughter and Wingman have a few things on their plate. 
UPDATE: The photos just arrived:



I do however have the daily dose of morale pictures on the beauty surrounding us all.





No comments:

Post a Comment