Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Bi-Coastal Dinner Date

The Charm Queen and her Mom
It is tough to imagine but my granddaughter achieved something I thought was impossible. She was even more charming than her usual high level in that arena. You have to understand the lofty perch she occupies on a daily basis to truly appreciate the groundbreaking level of her achievement. She got off to slow start as our first Facetime call was shortly before her afternoon nap out in LA LA Land. She was a little grouchy and didn’t want to have much to do with a solitary grandparent.
Try on some of Mom's Clothing



My wife was out running around with assorted Mafioso predictably shopping. Buddy and I were safely ensconced in the Man Cave in preparation for the college football championship game when she returned. I first received kudos from her since I had once again demonstrated I could follow orders. When she couldn’t find sufficient plastic storage tubs to store the Christmas decorations she remembered there was a Wal-Mart just down the street from my new office. With some fairly impressive juggling across a frozen parking lot I crammed the purchases into my car and had them on display for her return. However that was quickly filed away in anticipation of our Facetime call with the First Blog Reader.
We caught her at dinner and she sincerely took charm to the next level (which I doubted even existed). She was devastating a plate of chili and broccoli (glad to don’t have to make that diaper change) and taking time between bites to laugh and smile with us. My Favorite Panamanian was also in fine form and the call peaked when both she and our granddaughter could not stop laughing at each other. Of these type moments are a full life measured.
Such a Fashion Plate

Loves Watermelon and Spice Arranging
Speaking of full measure the dreaded Christmas gifts credit card statement arrived yesterday. I was doing some serious praying before opining it. I pleaded with Higher Authority to have the figure come in under a fairly significant amount. After opening the bill, it came in $4 under that very high amount. I then started cursing myself for not praying for a  smaller amount. I cursed myself for even thinking about complaining though because it was money so well spent.

From their New Jersey Trip

Assessing

The Look after Dad Gave Her something Awful to Taste
Is it weird that it was only 21 degrees this morning and I caught myself thinking that it felt almost balmy? The last few days have been brutal. That football game last night was one for the ages and came down to a frantic last few minutes, well after midnight with Clemson prevailing over Alabama. I didn’t really care about either team but they both left everything they had out on the field – just a great game.
On the Plane Ride home - The Only Time She Quieted Down
Must Have Been the Mirror





No comments:

Post a Comment