Sunday, January 15, 2017

Pre-Game Festivities

When the Patriots Scored
I am in full recovery mode back at the casa after another one of those all too fun forays back to my hometown. My Favorite Panamanian and I blew into town yesterday afternoon and my wife expeditiously dropped us off at the Elm City Brewery so she could return to her happy hunting/shopping grounds. We were disappointed that our favorite bar tendress was not on duty so we only stayed for two rounds of Keene Kolsch. Keene Friend did volunteer to serve as a test subject for a banana split martini which met with semi-glowing reviews. I took his word for it.
Keene Freind At Elm City and the Banana Split Martini
One of the most enjoyable parts of my visits home is the walk around town that usually results in being stranded while my wife shops. These walks are liberally seasoned with the multitude of memories my hometown is steeped in. The ghosts of those memories provide an almost medicinal effect for me, strange as that may sound. It’s probably a result of the vagabond Army life style and returning to the last place I had certifiable roots.
On the Walk through Keene

Very Late in the Afternoon at Scores
Yesterday’s walk took us to Scores Sports Bar but that was more than predictable. Keene Friend took up his mentoring ways in trying to coach the waitress into making points with a table of Atlanta Falcons fans. The waitress seemed totally incapable of remembering Julio Jones’ name or she really liked talking with Keene Friend. We placed our obligatory call into the Pittsburgh Roommate so he could enlighten us about his local celebrity status and share in the memories.

Getting up for Game
My wife was eventually coaxed away from shopping long enough for dinner across the street at Margarita’s. Keene Friend 2 was vectored in from his approach to Scores and we had a fun time over dinner before adjourning back to Keene Friend’s house for the Patriots game. The final score wasn’t as close as the game and I hope the various bricks laid last night are firmly out of their system now as they head deeper into the playoffs. We shared at least the start of the game with the California contingent and were even treated to one my granddaughter’s “touchdown” signals on the first Patriots' score. My daughter and Wingman had guests over for the game so the First Blog Reader was fully engaged in being a complete social butterfly. It was so enjoyable to hang out with both Keene Friends and my Favorite Panamanian for the game. What she lacks in football acumen she makes up for with enthusiasm. 
Socializing





No comments:

Post a Comment