Saturday, January 28, 2017

Orlandone

Together Again
My wife is a very happy camper right now. She spent last night with the California contingent in a Disney World hotel. The happiest place on earth had to receive a huge assistance with that title when she arrived and was reunited with a certain granddaughter. She flew out of Worcester which was so incredibly easy that I even made it First Friday on time. I’ve spent so much time suffering through trips to Logan Airport that I forgot the ease a small airport offers, free parking for less than 24 hours as well (!!!!) Wingman was delayed a little in picking her up in Orlando due to some malfunctioning hotel doors but by the time I got them on the phone they were busily consuming pizza, wine, and laughing almost non-stop. My wife observed that our granddaughter is evolving into quite an accomplished little traverlor.
Pizza and Granddaughter - Doesn't Get Any Better than That!

Open up Abuela

Please Open this Door so I can Get At Grandma

Whoo Hoo - Road Trip!



Thankful Nap Enroute

Negotiating the Long Lines at Worcester Airport
They have adjoining hotel rooms and once the First Blog Reader figured out her crazy abuela was on the other side of the connecting door she began to knock on it repeatedly. I think I’m going to really, really like having this bunch back on the east coast permanently. My wife will be flying south for the winter a couple days before the big move east so it is so good for her to have this opportunity to hang out with our number one grandchild. An old Army buddy read yesterday’s blog and lives within driving distance of Orlando so I’m sorry I didn’t make the trip for yet another reason.

Denuded Floor Waiting my Attention


I continued my troubling trend of very mundane Friday nights. While First Friday celebrations were their usual fantastic-ness the rest of the evening was disconcerting in its lack of partying. I spent most of it preparing for my weekend destruction of the first floor flooring. Deckzilla Dude is coming over this morning to get me started. I’m actually looking forward to that, maybe a little too much. Before all that could happen though all the non-major pieces of furniture had to be moved out along with the virtual jungle of house plants my wife employs. Carrying furniture and plants up and down stairs is not my idea of an ideal Friday night. The work is done though and I’m ready to start breaking things. Great Aunt, taking note of my solitary condition, is coming up with Soxfather later today to take me out to dinner. Frail Deeds readers once again coming to my rescue.
Today's Morale Photos of our Fantastic Earth






No comments:

Post a Comment