Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Down Turn

Dancing with Dad
A dreary day with no social redeeming value. A long night of freezing rain and just enough snow to require deployment of the snow blower in the pre-dawn hours is not engineered to induce much joy. I had to cancel date night last night as well. I didn’t even get a morning dose of granddaughter picture to address the melancholy. I’m told by a very good source, my Favorite Panamanian, that my daughter remedied that shortfall after I left for work.
Out Back this Morning
Which explains why I’ve delayed posting until after lunch when I could access them.
The whole kitchen conundrum that I wrote about yesterday took a very bizarre turn last night. Deckzilla guy stopped by to report that my wife’s plan to extend the laminate flooring into the kitchen would not be possible. It seems that a few years ago the laminate flooring we have was identified as having excess formaldehyde. Another benefit of getting products from China where they never met an EPA standard they didn’t want to violate. I’ve read up on it and it doesn’t pose an immediate danger but I’m going to get rid of it, I mean the First Blog Reader walks on those floors (granted not as often as I would like).
The Offending Floor
An interesting note, Deckzilla guy now says we should get the floor done before the granite counters. This is the exact opposite of what he said a couple nights ago but makes more sense. The guy does fantastic work, a real craftsman, so we’re going to get started on the floors shortly. That shopping duo of legendary repute, my wife and the Mafioso, are heading out shortly on floor covering reconnaissance.

She and I weathered last night’s storm in the Man Cave. We watched the HBO documentary Bright Lights: Starring Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds which was a fascinating look into the lives of that mother daughter relationship. It was poignant and at times sad; especially when they spoke about death, little knowing both of theirs was imminent. I was particularly impressed with Ms. Fisher who came across as intelligent and introspective, as well as self-depreciating. She went out of her way to take care of Reynolds who came across as “always on”. It offered a fascinating look into the background of the ceremony where Reynolds received a lifetime achievement award for the Screen Actors Guild. As with most things from Hollywood so much of it was staged and only surface deep. I miss the princess from a galaxy far, far away even more after seeing what we lost in her death.
Still Going After Unsuspecting Spice Racks

One of her New Fashion Statements







Throwing her Football

More Fashion

Out Shopping - Pointing out the Bargains
Truly Bred True

No comments:

Post a Comment