Sunday, January 29, 2017

Floored

Hanging with Abuela is Fun!!
While my wife was basking in the reflected glow of time spent with our granddaughter down in Orlando I was once again validating the theory that I am not as young as I used to be. Deckzilla Dude came over early yesterday to give me a quick introduction in floor removal techniques and then left me to my own devices. The laminate was a floating floor so once I figured out how to unlock the different pieces it was not a difficult job though tedious and day consuming. We’re giving the floor to the Mafioso’s daughter so I bundled the removed boards in movable stacks and also labeled the lefts and rights which is apparently important.
Initial Instructions on Tile Removal

And Laminate Removal

End of Day Dining Room

Living Room

Start of Kitchen
I’d hoped to have the entire floor removed, including the kitchen (which was definitely not floating) by the end of the day. I did get all the laminate up and got a foothold in the kitchen but I was completely gassed by the time the sun went down – this is where the semi-elderly body came into play. I didn’t realize how lonely the day had been until the Great Aunt and Soxfather showed up to take me out to dinner. I greeted them like long lost life savers which they kind of were last night.
With the Life savers Last Night
I have a bad habit (according to my wife at least) of working beyond exhaustion when I have a task in front of me. I blame the mis-spent youth in the Army for this which is kind of what they expect of you. The life savers from Rhode Island took me out to my favorite restaurant where we caught up and I tasted one of those post-heavy work beers seemingly celestially brewed.
My wife, chomping at the bit for having to supervise me long distance periodically checked in from her Disney world hotel where she and the First Blog Reader seemed totally enamored of each other.
Loose in Disney World



Trying on Gramma's Pajamas




Apparently I’ve been very generous this weekend in the Disney gift shop arena. My wife said when our granddaughter walked into the gift shop and saw all the toys she let out a squeal of delight. Grandparents, as we are wont to be, are helpless in the face of opportunities to spoil grandchildren in situations like this. It was obvious how much fun they were having with each other via the various FaceTime calls we shared.

I’m back at the rest of the tile floor this morning. Removing a tile floor is not fun – just saying. 
Today's morale photos:






No comments:

Post a Comment