Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Late Themes

Calm Down Grandpa - See How Fast I can Walk Now!
A really late posting today but I have a reason, kind of. Today, since we have a brand new facility with a large meeting room, we were chosen/volunteered to host a regional conference of all the varied elements of my parent company. Regional vice presidents and senior VPs were a dime a dozen. We were meeting to discuss a corporate community engagement program that corporate is pushing. It was exactly as much fun as it sounds.



Since we were the chosen hosts for the location we also had to arrange for lunch to be delivered. A note to self and anyone else ever “blessed” with this type “opportunity” – do not use Panera. Certainly not the Panera here in Worcester which showed up more than an hour late and shorted two thirds of the order. I can’t believe this level of incompetence is tolerated in a retail catering location. We’ll never use them again and I may toss a Molotov cocktail their way on my commute home.


It’s great having your regional and corporate level bosses around to witness this debacle. The entire conference had to shift schedule around to accommodate the late lunch. This was made tougher by the consistent lies we were told by Panera that the food was “on the way”. The normal ten minute trip took longer than forty five so they obviously lied and did I mention that forgot 2/3 of the main course. They finally did deliver that as everyone was leaving for the day. So I’m a little pissed, kinda, sorta.


Luckily I have these photos of the granddaughter to salve the hit to professional pride. I also received news of an unexpected, but thoroughly welcomed, early February weeklong visit from the entire California contingent as part of their east coast re-deployment plan. It just does not get any better than that. I didn’t get to the movies last night as we were iced in our hilltop but hope to rectify that this evening with my Favorite Panamanian. I think I need the diversion and it will keep me from mixing some soap and gasoline together.
Today's very needed morale photos of the earth's beauty:



No comments:

Post a Comment