Sunday, January 22, 2017

Excellence Returns

Excellent Boss and I Last Night
Lots going on yesterday which culminated with the Farewell Party for my Excellent Boss. I started out the day being dragged by my Favorite Panamanian to buy the hardwood floor she’d pinpointed. The Deckzilla Guy went with us to provide expertise and moral support. Once the wood was ordered we were off to a granite warehouse to peruse hundreds of sheets of rock. This was suggested to my wife during her shopping forays this week that it was always better to see the entire sheet of granite before deciding. It turned out to be good advice because the one she had selected at the store was kind of “ehhh”. We did find three that we liked and then asked the installer for three quotes. We’ll decide on that this week. The wood floor which has to happen first won’t get started for a t least a week as we await the arrival of what we ordered yesterday.
Rock Shopping

My Wife and His Mrs.

The Party Room


During the Speeches


With His Book
The true highlight of the day though was welcoming the Excellent Boss and his wife back to Worcester, at least for one night. My entire management crew gathered at Peppercorn’s for a farewell dinner and party. He looked great and was a great honoree all night. We’d prepared a plaque as well as a book with pictures and quotes from everybody that worked for him and we used Shutterfly to have it bound up. It was a huge hit. Spending time with him and his Mrs. reminded us all why we miss him so much. I had to make the speeches recognizing them and had to change course a couple times mid-speech as I was on the verge of choking up. I told him his true legacies were the people gathered around him finally with a chance to bid him farewell that they were cheated of back in October. Just a completely positive night for all involved.

ABFA and Son headed North

Today's Morale Photos



The progeny were not idle yesterday either. Favorite Son was taking the ABFA for a romantic getaway to Portland and were staying at the same hotel I wrote about last spring. My Cali-Daughter (at least for now) made me proud by participating in the Women’s March in Los Angeles. There was an amazing turnout around the world and not a single arrest, that fact alone resonates. The granddaughter was doing what she does best – providing immense entertainment.










No comments:

Post a Comment