Saturday, January 21, 2017

Hat Trick

Dad - Time to Wake Up!
Her Mother Used to do this to Me All the time
You see, the sun did come up today, even with Donald J Trump as our president. I glanced in on the ceremonies yesterday, mainly out of morbid curiosity. When I was a captain I was involved in both Reagan and the first Bush’s inauguration ceremonies so it was interesting in that respect to see what had changed. The answer – not much. It was cool to once again see a peaceful transfer of power and this must be considered the acid test. You could not find two more diametrically opposed set of values but both incoming and outgoing (especially) presidents handled the day with grace.
Today's Morale Photos of this Beautiful Earth


Today’s the million women march on Washington to protest Trump’s election. At a certain point I think we have to accept the results and get on with lives but this will serve as a much needed release for so many people. I was educated this week at one of the funerals by a very nice lady who was headed to DC for the march. She said the US is running out of pink yarn because everyone is knitting “Pussycat Hats” to call attention to our new president’s well documented penchant for groping certain locations of female anatomy (did I just say that!). So now I know. I told her to be careful or Trump will claim this as another example of him boosting the economy.

We had a great celebration of First Friday last night with the Favorite Panamanian making yet another appearance. The celebrations have grown in the last couple months as some people with previously unknown issues have decided to enjoy their Friday afternoons with us. It was a lot of fun. Tonight we gather again to honor my former Excellent Boss with dinner at Peppercorn’s. Before that I have a day of buying floor material and looking at granite. My wife gets me to agree to all sorts of things after a few beers.



No comments:

Post a Comment