Friday, January 27, 2017

Flux

Heading East for the Weekend
Late post today in part because of all the moving pieces on the board. I had a meeting first thing this morning with the political leadership (note to self – Friday morning meetings, infinitely better than Friday afternoon) and then entered the battle with the construction firm trying to hand off the last of their responsibilities in building construction. It was kind of neat because they were throwing around a lot of the terms I hear my son, who’s in the same profession, use. I strategically held the meeting in a conference room where they still haven’t got the heating right. When they got to the part where the heating balance was just about right even they couldn’t keep a straight face.
Got this photo Today of View From Front of Our Condo
Today is truly a day of flux. The California Contingent is on a plane right now heading for Orlando for a weekend wedding. This is the second most important eastern journey they’ll be taking over the next few weeks. I will be putting their designated babysitter, my Favorite Panamanian, on a plane later this afternoon to join them for the weekend. In a move shrewdly calculated to have the minimal impact on First Friday celebrations she will be flying out of Worcester. Orlando is one of the two places JetBlue flies to out of Worcester.

Buddy and I are staying home this weekend with the job of removing the kitchen, living room, and dining room flooring. Buddy, lazy ass that he is, will probably figure out a way to have me do most of the work. My goal is to get as much of it done as possible without the in-house master of supervision around. I still wish I could be Orlando being supervised.
Today's Morale Photos of this Beautiful Earth:




No comments:

Post a Comment