Thursday, January 19, 2017

All Around Us

The Certain Young Lady
With the full understanding that it is the kind of week where a significant portion of the country needs a spiritual lift. What happens in DC tomorrow isn’t going to cause the earth to crash into the moon, we’ll still be here and be able to enjoy the beauty that surrounds us in this all too wonderful planet and spend time with friends/family. That’s really what’s more important. It seems that some people are so aghast at a Trump presidency that life no longer has any joy for them. I think that’s pretty shortsighted and a tad bit self-important.
Still Piles Mulch on the Playground Apparatus
We’ve weathered politicians even more grievously objectionable than the Donald.
Of course it’s easy for me to be a little on the optimistic side since I’m blessed with daily interaction with a certain young lady out in California. My granddaughter continues to exhibit new abilities each day and I seriously do not know what grandparents did before FaceTime. My daughter and Wingman leaped one of their final hurdles in the home buying situation yesterday which had my happy dance feet in full bloom. Less exciting but certainly necessary was the shopping forays of my wife and the Mafioso which located and identified the new floor material we’ll be getting on the first floor.

Always Ready to Party

New Floor Sample
One of the favorite daily occurrences on my internet forays are the pictures I run across of the beauty on this earth. I had a serious case of wanderlust when I graduated from college and the Army did a fairly good job of eradicating that over the subsequent three decades by sending me to so many exotic places and some decidedly less so around the world. These pictures, some of which I included below, has started to reignite that dormant desire to travel. I provide these photos in the hope of lifting spirits as we approach the dreaded day. Take heart, the sun will still rise on Saturday and you’ll still be blessed with friends and family that make life worthwhile.



















No comments:

Post a Comment