Monday, October 31, 2016

Buffalo Two Step, Son Pride and Insomniac

Wife and Maine Musquetera Tooling Around Bocas
Sundays are something of a drag when my wife is out of town. Come to think of it the other six days aren’t exactly overachieving either; at least in her absence. I spent a few hours at work tracking operations from the new facility and then launched on trying to find a replacement sangria vase (no luck) and accomplish the weekly grocery shopping. I finally did get outside to address the lawn and discovered the electric lawnmower is excellent for policing up leaves which are descending in force now. This will delay it winter mothballing.
I was able to get this as well as some laundry done in time to focus on the Patriots game as they sought to exact revenge for their only loss of the season so far in Buffalo. They came out like a team on a mission to shut up the typically blow hard Bills. The defense delivered some of the biggest hits of the year and sent a number of the Bills scurrying to the sideline looking to volunteer for the concussion protocol. It was another case where a Rex Ryan team let their mouths get away from themselves and they paid on the field. Brady acted the role of surgeon as he dismantled a supposedly good Buffalo defense. A well spent afternoon.
On the Road to Bocas

The Three Ladies

Their Hotel

Hang out Time

My Football Distractor





Last Week at the Canal
I was interrupted several times during the game by my wife. Since she couldn’t be on site disrupt game flow in person I think her spousal radar went up when I got too comfortable. She, the Maine Musquetera and one of the PanaGals are in the midst of a road trip to Bocas Del Toro on the Atlantic coast of Panama and supposedly one of the most picturesque spots in the world. The city consists of a bunch of islands and the only way to travel around town is via boat. She sounded a little underwhelmed by Bocas. An educated guess on my part would be that the shopping venues were not up to her standard. They return home to David today.
My Favorite Son wrote a very impressive and startlingly poignant ode to the ABFA on Facebook this weekend. He showed some real insight on what makes their connection and marriage so strong despite some differences in personality.  Here’s part of the message which seemed a lot more insightful than the number of years they’ve been together would normally permit. Yet another reminder of how lucky I am in the children department. “So no, my love, I don't wish we were more a-like, as I feel our differences strengthen us as a couple and push our boundaries into areas outside our comfort zone. It creates a stronger foundation in our relationship. And isn't that what growth is all about? Personal development and classes definitely help and are a great tool, but we are growing together already by constantly pushing each other and being there for each other during hard times. I may disagree with her on items, or feel like I'm being dragged kicking and screaming to activities she is interested in, but I wouldn't have it any other way. This is who I married, and I couldn't be prouder or luckier in life. Our differences is one of the million things I love about” the ABFA.

I’m experiencing a troubling trend of insomnia. I may have over caffeinated myself during the game but I was certainly tired enough (again with the Sunday dance card). Sleep however proved elusive. There is some very bizarre tv programming in the early morning hours. This has happened a number of times over the past few weeks – I’m guessing there’s more to it; namely everything that’s been going on in my life recently. Of course it could be the lack of beer. It was an exceedingly dry weekend in that regard after the de riguer First Friday celebrations.  






No comments:

Post a Comment