Thursday, October 20, 2016

Into the Fray

The Moment I Ceased to Exist
It’s confirmed. I definitely enjoy the new job even though it keeps me running for most of the day. I’ve learned the union was most concerned when they heard I’d moved up to the head position. Apparently I have something of a “hard ass” reputation. I’m not sure where they arrived at that conclusion. I’ve always thought of myself as all warm and cuddly. Just another misconception I’ll have to overcome.
Sliding With Mom
This weekend is already shot since we’re moving the buses over on Saturday and the entire maintenance operation on Sunday. At least I have two transcontinental flights to help me rest at the beginning of the week. I could not keep my eyes open last night to finish off the movie I started watching in the man cave which is highly unusual, but not unprecedented.
Hanging with Dad
I did get to witness, via Facetime call, the reunion betwixt cat and granddaughter last night. I quickly learned where I fell in the pecking order. She was all smiles and touchdown signals with me until Pee Wee returned from his cat sitter sojourn. I then ceased to exist. I felt this was manifestly unfair since the cat was not all that pleased at the reunion. (I think that had something to do with the constant pursuit since my granddaughter acquired mobility)

Helping mom with Laundry
My wife reported in from Panama between serial mass attendances. She had just finished painting her father’s old bedroom completely over. I think she’s figured out that keeping busy is one way of dealing with grief. We also learned the valuable lesson that FaceTime calls should not be attempted whilst under the hair dryer (her not me).







No comments:

Post a Comment