Monday, October 17, 2016

Moving Experience

This Crew Has Returned to California Fresh off on their Conquest of East Coast
A first time crack at night time blogging due to my overlong work day and lack of computer access. That lack was due directly to having my computer packed up and moved to the new work location. That move, which I was in charge of planning, was going swimmingly for the first five hours. I was genuinely impressed with the moving company's crew. They had the old building completely emptied by noontime. I got tired just watching how hard they worked.
Then we hit that five hour mark. All of the offices needed to be moved to the second floor of the new facility. That's fine until the only elevator breaks down. By the time I arrived at the new place all of the trucks had been emptied and the better part of the company's office furniture was dramatically stacked in the garage waiting for the elevator repair dude to show up. He never did.
Moving crew Outside my now Old Office
When that became apparent I asked the moving company crew to move at least the company's IT systems up via the stairs so the IT company could get everything connected. They formed a fire brigade type conga line up the stairs and the IT company got to work on their end of the equation. I've been promised a repaired elevator in the morning and told everyone to come in expecting to work from Spartan side tables until we can get the desks moved up. As a side note I really like my new office. I finally made it the corner office! (first time in civilian life)
Old Office Emptied
On Sunday I took a page directly out of Keene Friend's own playbook by taking off on him before he ever woke up. Buddy was singularly upset because he didn't get his usual morning walk around Keene with his friend but I had several thousand things to take care of. Not the least of which was watching the Patriots dismantle their latest foe. This is poor recompense for the gifted hoisting the Keene Friend always accomplishes during one of my Keen thunder runs but I owe him a few dozen of this BMNT* departures as payback.
On the Nose Grandpa
I had clothes washed, groceries bought, linen changed, and a week's worth of lunches cooked by the time the game reached its inevitable, satisfying result.  This accomplishment also freed me up to see a movie last evening, my go to scam to reduce the loneliness quotient. I took in The Accountant which is a whole lot better than the movie critics want you to believe. Affleck finally has a part perfect for his wooden style. He plays John Wick as a highly functioning autistic savant. He's ably assisted by a superb supporting cast but this is truly Affleck's film and he's great. As an accountant to the nefarious underworld his character slowly emerges through some very well done flashbacks. It's the movies folks so don't get too wound around the axle about this ever being possible - it's a great story and Affleck pulls it off with a lot of nuance and style. I really liked the movie.
*Before Morning Nautical Twilight









2nd Gen Curbside - All in One Place!


No comments:

Post a Comment