Sunday, October 23, 2016

Pieces Moving

Goofing for the Camera
Yesterday was about as much fun as I’ve ever had with my clothes on; that is if I lived in some parallel universe. I spent the day bouncing between new and old facilities assessing flood damage and starting the move of operations across town to the new place. We were able to move almost the entire fleet into the new garage which doesn’t look so cavernous now filled with buses.
Garage Filled
The most frustrating part is depending on outside contractors to get the systems up and running. It’s amazing how empty the grand promises delivered during the week are when they have to be redeemed on a weekend. At least I had the small pleasure of disturbing their weekends to remind them of their promises. We didn’t hit the ground running over here as I hoped but it’s at least a brisk walk.
Beating the Drum at Music Class
I was able to give my granddaughter a video tour of the new place when she called during a walk though of the garage. She didn’t seem that impressed, I didn’t even get a touchdown signal. I did however receive several of her smiles which made a tiresome day a little more tolerable. She’d just returned from her music class which she enjoys immensely according to her attending adults.
Goofing Around

Great Photo

She Loves Chasing Bubbles
There are numerous other moving pieces that have to be orchestrated as well. I have what might be the most inconveniently scheduled personal trip ever tomorrow. It was bought and paid for before the seismic events at work over the past few weeks. Luckily I’ve got a great team here so I shouldn’t find too much chaos when I return on Thursday. One of those moving pieces was the Wonder Pooch who needed to get into some sort of protective custody after his Friday night malfeasance.
Buddy and Remy Negotiating Cage Time Last Night
Great Aunt and the Soxfather once again volunteered to provide refuge for Buddy despite his defactory misplacements during his last tour with them. The hurried trip to Rhode Island provided the opportunity to hang out with Great Aunt and Soxfather which included a very enjoyable dinner. Great Aunt has developed an affinity for Red Robin which boasts some very nice entries in the world’s best hamburger panorama as well as gluten free steak fries fro Great Aunt. The time I got to spend with them was exactly what was called for after the challenges of the past few days.

Favorite Son and ABFA were Birthday Celebrating in Boston
No Frail Deeds blogging until Thursday at the earliest since I’m not going to even try blogging from Panama. You are welcome.






No comments:

Post a Comment