Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Day 2 Dynamics

Settling Back Into Life in LaLa Land
My second day of nocturnal blogging due to turmoil the move to the new facility has inserted into an already busy agenda known as my recent life. It turns out that doing two jobs, my new one and my old one (until I hire a replacement) is not as easy as I first thought. Not that I really thought that in the first place.
Trying to Get Out the Door and Back to Grandpa
I kind of like the new, extremely faster pace of things as I've had actions coming at me from a variety of directions. Some of the subordinates are reluctant to venture into uncharted waters with me at exactly the same time i'm desperately in need of them demonstrating some initiative. There is definitely a wheat from the chaff process underway. It's strange seeing people I've worked with for nearly ten years working out of new offices. There's going to be a new dynamic within the office since we won't be spread out the way we were at the old place.
New Office - before the Pictures Go Up
As much "fun" as this has been it's also been exhausting. I was definitively underemployed in the old position and this will take a little getting used to. Its a good problem to have but I'm going to have to knock some rust off some seldom used time management skills that atrophy if not used regularly. But, again, a good problem. We can't get too settled here because the rest of the operation moves over on Sunday, which will include the massive whale of an organization that is the maintenance section. The icing on the cake of the maelstrom of a life is another trip to Panama next week for yet another date with the Panamanian Ministry of Immigration for the resident visa. It figures this is one of the few cases of alacrity they could be accused of. I fly down on Monday and fly back on Wednesday so the impact at work should be minimal. I get to see a certain Favorite Panamanian so it will be  three days exceedingly well spent. She's arranged for the Maine Musquetera to accompany me down and then stay after I leave. This is a long held dream for both of them.
Sliding with Mom
Once again I've been buoyed by FaceTime calls with the California contingent. The First Blog Reader now readily remembers me and knows how to immediately render me senseless with one of her award caliber smiles. Just cannot get enough of that.





No comments:

Post a Comment