Saturday, October 29, 2016

Tempered News

Trying on Headdresses
I finished up what will probably go down as the longest two day work week in recorded history yesterday. I’m making up for the lack of effort at work by coming in today to check on the progress of server migration that took place last night (who am I?). Moving in has been a learning experience on just about every level as the spanking new facility is put through its initial paces as a work place. Last night a couple hydraulic hoses blew off the wall spraying ureic acid all over the place. Sometimes it’s good to be the boss so you don’t have to get directly involved in the cleanup.
My Personal Favorite Bought by her Grandmother (of course)
I had a very enjoyable First Friday celebration last night as the new political boss even showed and picked up the tab. He knows how hard everybody has worked over the past couple weeks and wanted to express his gratitude. I can think of no finer gesture to express that type of feeling than buying rounds of beer; but that’s me.
Wife and Maine Musquetera Visited Panama Canal This Week
I returned home exhausted but was soon entertained by my nightly call with the First Blog Reader. She was trying on Halloween costumes which was about as charming as it sounds. Cali-Daughter and Wingman also broke some potentially earth shattering news which I’m not sure I’m allowed to share yet. Buddy was wondering why I was doing a swirling attempt at a jig after the phone call. More on that in the future.

Okay, This Works
Today marks the final cutover from fall to winter, at least on the yard front. I’ll mow the grass for the final time and put that machine away until spring. I’ll also unpack the newly acquired snow blower because who knows when that’ll be needed. It’s been a dreary end of October where we couldn’t enjoy the spectacular colors as much as I’d like. We’ve been getting the missing quota of rain and some impressive wind which combined to strip the trees earlier than necessary. I think the word I’m looking for is bleak. An early end to my favorite season seems unfair somehow.





No comments:

Post a Comment