Saturday, October 15, 2016

Finale Friday

Daughter and Granddaughter at Central Park Cancer Walk
With the Columbus Day holiday this should have seemed like a short week but it was certainly anything but that. Usually, when you're extremely busy, the week seems to fly by, but again, not the case this week. I guess when you add in the emotional overtones of losing a dearly loved family member that stretches the days. This week was of course compounded with the departure of my most excellent boss and as well as my wife's abrupt trip to Panama. So longest four day work week - ever.
My Daughter a Little Earlier in Life
The moving company shows up at the facility on Monday morning to move all the management offices to the new place. Yesterday I was performing a final inspection to make sure everything was packed and labeled. Since the computers were packed up by our IT company at noon I gave the staff the afternoon off. It's amazing how tied to the computers we are because most could literally not do their jobs without their devices. Was it really that long ago that a computer was an exotic accessory instead of a workplace requirement. Definitive evidence that I'm getting old.
C'mon Dad Time to Get Up

Wingman Gets his First Morning Hug
I guess I have done some good spreading the gospel of First Friday celebrations because a number of them used the afternoon off to get a head start at Brew City. When I showed up they were well on their way to drowning the past week's sorrows which is one of the prerequisites of a First Friday celebration. Some beers just taste so much better than others. Friday beers are in a case in point and yesterday's even more so.
Later in the Day in Central Park
I was truly exhausted by the time I got home for some evening burgers with the Wonder Pooch. My family, as they are wont to do, lifted my spirits with several phone calls. The First Blog Reader has invaded Northern New Jersey as she spends the weekend at the Curbside Mansion of one of those fabulous ladies. She and her attending adults leave for California on Sunday. The Great Aunt checked in as well insuring I wasn't stewing too much and Keene Friend and I arranged a linkup today up in the Granite State.
Wife with her Family

They Chose Same photo I did for the Blog

Father in Law's Final Resting Place
My wife also called several times. She continues to be surrounded by family members and that is certainly the best possible medicine. She sent along some photos from the funeral and aftermath. Last night I could see some of the usual joy that defines their get togethers starting to creep back into the environment. They have a nine day series of daily masses they are saying for my Father in Law and that is also providing some needed comfort.
Balloons!

Bath Time

Nice Beard Dude!

I'm Sitting in a Big Girl Seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment