Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Context Achieved

My Nightly FaceTime Date
My nocturnal blogging will continue until I gain a little more leverage on what my new work day is composed of. In my old job I could always donate the necessary 15 minutes each day to write the daily Frail Deeds nonsense. Those 15 minutes are a scarce commodity in the new job(s). While I arrive home exhausted each day I have to admit I’m enjoying the new grind. I know it sounds weird but I didn’t understand how unhappy I was not being pushed at all in my old job. I guess that makes me some sort of employment masochist.
I did achieve some context on the situation that led to my excellent boss’ departure. I had to attend a meeting with the same people and subject matter that led to his exit. There were some very strong personalities involved and they were actively looking to shift blame anywhere but themselves for issues that arose.  I could just imagine my former boss’ frustration at having to deal with them. I like to think I turned the tables on them a little bit by simply asking them what they needed instead on joining the fray.
Catch up from Last Week
We’ve just about completed the unpacking from the first phase of the move to the new facility. I’m really proud of the administrative staff who’ve worked hard at unpacking while still performing their daily tasks. We’re a day ahead of schedule despite the delay caused by the faulty elevator. I’m picking up on some of the personal animosities that exists between a couple of the ladies which I’ll have to address if they continue to snipe at each other through me. It’s the whole problem I have suffering fools gladly.
I’m really enjoying my FaceTime calls with the First Blog Reader who seems to acquire new abilities daily. She now immediately recognizes me and signals a touchdown when she does. She shared her stuffed panda with me and tossed a ball to me last night. I don’t think she understands the 3000 mile separation thing yet. These calls are exactly what I need after the newly challenging work day.
Since last night was dateless date night I took off for the movies after my FaceTime requirements. I saw, inexplicably, Max Steel. I guess there’s some sort of background mythology surrounding the character that I am blissfully unaware of. Max Steel is actually two entities. A teenaged boy (played by an adult as usual) who’s sole super power seems to be to the ability to burn holes in his t-shirts. The other half is a tiny spaceship of an alien who bonds with the teenager when the plot calls for it, even though the timing makes almost no sense. The one bright spot, other than the completely underutilized Andy Garcia and Maria Bello, was the teenaged love interest (because you know that’s required). I think we’ll hear a lot in the future from Ana Villafañe because she has screen presence to spare. Other than that, not much to see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment