Sunday, October 9, 2016

Turmoil Amidst Bliss

First Friday Was Extra Special
This will be a short post (but lots of photos) because I’m in middle of a visit, soon to end by the California contingent. A lot has happened on a number of levels since I last posted, some of which I can’t talk about. As I write this, my wife and her brother are on a plane heading back to Panama. On Friday my wife was woken up in the early morning hours with a message that her father had taken yet another grave turn for the worse. He was administered last rites yesterday morning.
Panamanians Heading Home This Morning
The earliest flight we could get them out was this morning. We scaled back the party we had planned for last night but still had close family here to surround Maria and to also prematurely celebrate the First Birthday for the First Blog Reader. She’s not quite 11 months old yet but since she’ll be in sunny California on the real date we pushed up the commemoration and provided her first birthday cake (prepared by the Maine Musquertera) ever.

Granddaughter Handling Bonecrusher With Help from Grandpa
It was a perfect evening surrounded by a heavy percentage of my favorite people in the world. My granddaughter was uniformly charming and handled the family sword, Bonecrusher, with aplomb. More on some of the other unsettling events of this past weekend later. I had to get up at 4am this morning for the trip to Logan International and I’ve still got a trip to New York City this afternoon to drop off the California contingent (sad face). I’ll let some of the photos from the past couple days tell the story until then.
Packing Crates Showed up at Work

Out on Deckzilla Friday Night

Touring New Facility Saturday

Riggins Still Thinks hes a lap dog - at least for ABFA

Wingman in the House!

Great Aunt and Soxfather with Cali-Daughter

Great Friends

Holding Court

Frosting Dive

Presents!

Very Happy Grandpa




Bonecrusher Deployed

3 Generations of Family Ladies



No comments:

Post a Comment