Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Lost Cords and Milestone

Making a Point With her Quarry
I experienced something of a tsunami of properly bedecked Halloweeners last night which surprised me. Last year, when we lived directly across the street, we ended up with a lot of excess candy due to lack of trick or treaters. This is, of course, a scenario that bodes ill will towards my determination to fight the midriff battles of middle age, excess candy quickly becomes a target of choice. With that in mind, in preparation for last night, I bought four large bags of candy of the type I would not eat under any circumstances but would still be considered socially acceptable. That’s a fairly narrow band but I had two overflowing bowls of Kit Kats and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups which I thought would be more than enough. Of course, it was not as the onslaught of Hogwart’s students, Batmans, and fairy princesses quickly eroded the supply.
Heading out on Important Trip
I’ll buy more next year and we’ll have less people come. I’m beginning to suspect some sort of bizarre conspiracy at work. I was Facetiming with my wife during the latter stages of the human wave attack at the front door as she wanted to see some of the costumes. She reported the loss of yet another phone charging cord at her Bocas Del Toro hotel. This has become something of a standard operating procedure any time she checks into a hotel and I’m not around for a final walk though. Of course I couldn’t comment negatively about her loss since I’d been stupid enough to lose my IPad last week.
Her Engineer Uncle Will be Happy with this Activity
I also checked in with the California contingent as my daughter was enjoying her last calm Halloween for at least the next dozen years. The First Blog Reader wasn’t ready for trick or treating yet but did seem mildly amused as we played our head tilting contest with each other. Yet another reason I can’t wait for Christmas!

Finally I reached a milestone with Frail Deeds. I reached 100,000 page views since I started my nonsensical ravings here. I know that isn’t that much in the realm of blogging where some sites put up that kind of number in a couple hours and not four years. So if you’re reading this (and I assume you are) I’ve passed the 100K mark.











No comments:

Post a Comment