Monday, November 21, 2016

Frigid Deck and Sunday Lectures

Directing Operations at Home Again
After a fabulous Saturday where I spent the entire day outside enjoying autumn’s last gasp, New England reminded me in no uncertain terms what is inbound. At half time of the Patriots’ game I rushed to put Buddy outside for one of his constitutionals and almost killed myself. It had been spitting rain and snow flakes all day but I was wholly unprepared for a deck coated in ice. My wife heard my yelp as I performed some gyrations which I’m sure would have been severely penalized by the East German judge. However ungainly my performance I did avoid the face plant on the frozen deck that seemed imminent at the outset. Buddy seemed amused; he did much better, being equipped with those damned claws that have inflicted so many wounds.
Buddy and the Frozen Deckzilla
It was nice and decidedly less stressful Sunday than during my wife’s absence as she assumed a number of the duties that I had to accomplish in her absence. I paid for it with a renewed vigor to attend Sunday mass and through several lectures on the state of cleanliness in the house. You’ll recall she promised no retaliation when she instructed me to cease cleaning operations prior to her arrival. This promise was no match for the some of the situations she has encountered, apparently.
It was still so good to have her by my side in the Man Cave as we watched the Patriots dismantle a bad 49ers team in a driving rain by San Francisco Bay. It was a strange game with the Pats seemingly dominant and also vulnerable at times. I got the impression Belichick was tinkering with his defense because he could afford to against an inferior foe. At least that’s what I hope I saw. My wife took the opportunity to comment on my collection of birthday gifted movies. A huge stack that will require an investment of time I probably won’t have until 2017.

The Movie Stack
A true highlight for the day was the FaceTime cal with California. All have transitioned back to health and the First Blog Reader was in fine form with her assortment of faces and dedicated peek a boo play. She also tried to steal Wingman’s dinner after she saw that he was eating something she liked. She was in constant motion for the entire call which is the best indicator of her feeling better. 
Wearing socks as Gloves is her Latest Fashion Statement

A Real Fashionista






No comments:

Post a Comment