Friday, November 4, 2016

Ignored But Upright

The Social Queen of Glendale
For the very first time in a long while the First Blog Reader basically ignored me last night during our FaceTime call. I called Buddy to help because she always wants to see the “Woof” but even the Wonder Pooch failed to distract her. She was in full entertainment mode because a couple of friends were visiting her Mom and Wingman. She has taken on the job of being the center of social interaction for whatever is occurring in her home and obviously felt she could talk to me anytime and opportunity to engage with real people was vastly more important. My daughter was apologetic but I take it is a good sign of a confident young lady developing. Buddy was the only one truly inconvenienced because I’d called him away from his cat vigil. He spotted a feline intruder striding through “his” back yard yesterday and has yet to abandon hope of engaging the target.
In Full Entertainment Mode
My Favorite Panamanian called late last night to catch me up on her adventures. She’s squiring the Maine Musquetera around her home province of Chiriquí. Earlier in the week during the annual Day of the Dead they trekked to visit the gravesite of my father in law. They also made the required trip to Boquete the beautiful town in the mountains where we rented a house for week this past February. Yesterday they were supposed to go to Volcan but instead snuck away to my favorite beach in the world – Las Lajas. Rumor has it that someone very close to me is building a beachfront condo at that same beach. She was able to check on the progress. Unfortunately she couldn’t get too close because they were laying the down the parking lot.
At the Cemetery

In Boquete

Sister and Mother in Law with Maine Musquetera in Boquete
They had a great day at the beach although they did encounter some sort of oceanic creature while swimming. My sister in law felt something brush against her leg and while she was still in mid-eeek my wife stepped on what she thinks was a stingray. I started laughing uncontrollably at this point. When she asked what I thought was so funny I told her it was because I’d missed the sight of her running, while screaming, on top of the water all the way to shore. I got one of her stern looks but she did not deny the charge.
Feeding a Parrot that Flew in During Lunch at Las Lajas

If the Cousin with the Legendary Laugh was there - Beer was Involved

Mother in Law and Her Brother at Beach

The Ladies at Las Lajas
Yesterday was also Independence Day in Panama so the beach was uncharacteristically crowded which you can see from the pictures. This is what constitutes crowded. They dodged the rainy season’s downpours all day at the beach but we treated to a deluge for the tip back. They had a somber entry as they neared David as they ran into the results of head-on collision that had occurred scant minutes before they passed.

Maine Musquetera and My WIfe's Family at Las Lajas

The Party Bus

View out my Window at Head of Valley

Towards Vernon Hill
I’m so ready for Friday this week. The fall colors are truly spectacular and the new office has great views of the foliage. One window looks out on the head of the Blackstone Valley while the other has a great view of Vernon Hill. I just wish I get to the point, eventually, that I have time to enjoy the view. I miss the excellent boss.





No comments:

Post a Comment