Monday, November 14, 2016

Sliding Away

My Perspective Gurus
Yesterday was definitely a recovery day from the excesses of Saturday. I was in pretty good shape, especially considering the wear and tear imposed on a middle aged body during the pub crawl. Of course I had the extra two hours sleep while I was supposed to be watching the horror movie with my son. The Favorite Son was not so lucky as he steadfastly refuses my advice on preventive hangover measures. It did not help that Buddy the Wonder Pooch started whining to get out of his cage shortly after the sun rose in the room right next to where he was trying to sleep Saturday off.
Practicing Her Funny Faces With mom
Buddy was definitely not on my son’s Christmas list after that little phase. My son decided against joining Keene Friend and I for breakfast and we took mercy on him by loading the Wonder Pooch in the car so my son would finally have some peace and quiet to recover in. After breakfast we took a drive around Keene which is one of my standard moves but we extended it this time in deference to my son’s state of health. We paused outside the YMCA building which was half torn down. I could pinpoint a couple of the rooms that were now exposed to the elements. That was kind of depressing because both the Cantankerous Friend and I literally grew up in the building and spent so many hours haunting those rooms; tough seeing the repository of so many memories being destroyed.
We finally returned home to find a mildly recovered son getting ready to leave. He had to journey across state to re-acquire the ABFA and grandpuppy before heading home. Since Sunday is also my busiest day of the week without a resident Panamanian at my side I also hit the road. It’s kind of appropriate that Sunday felt so depressing, I was coming down from the absolute high of time spent with my son and friends during the pub crawl.
Gronk Couldn't Haul it in
The depression continued well into the evening with the Patriots game. They looked really rusty in taking on their former Super Bowl rivals and lost on the last play of the game when they couldn’t score from the 1 yard line. While I’m sure some Washington state residents saw some poetic justice in that I was pissed. Seattle deserved the win though and it was a very entertaining game. The Patriots defense is not championship quality yet.

I had trouble sleeping after the game because I was so upset with the outcome. I then noticed my phone had been recharged and that my daughter had sent some pictures of the First Blog Reader which really provided the perspective needed to deal with the game’s outcome. There are certainly a lot more important things in the world than a football game.

No comments:

Post a Comment